We are excited to provide a new service to our clients, called Mobile Transcript.
Mobile Transcript is an interactive deposition or court transcript specifically optimized to be read and reviewed on a mobile device, such as an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, BlackBerry, and soon for the Android smartphones and tablets.
Mobile Transcript files are not only optimized for a wireless device; the files are dynamic and interactive. Listed below are some features of the app and your account:
- Highlight important testimony in yellow, with a tap of your finger, as if you were marking up a printed transcript with a yellow highlighter
- Highlights may be exported and emailed, with the highlighted text itemized by page and line number, in spreadsheet format
- Entire transcript may be exported and emailed in PDF format, containing your yellow highlights (Apple devices only)
- Jump to next highlight, Keyword search, and Jump To Page #
- Automatic bookmark
- Automatic billing timer logs your transcript review time in minute increments; your log is available to review online, 24-7
You may be asking, Why would I ever want to read an entire deposition transcript on a smartphone?
Answer: We can’t imagine Mobile Transcript will replace software transcript viewers for desktops and laptops, but it does provide a product for lawyers looking for a mobile solution. At your fingertips, when you are away from the office, you can quickly access and review certain parts of testimony, and you don’t need to break open a laptop or search your inbox for emailed transcripts. Mobile Transcript is just a cool hi-tech tool to help increase your efficiency, and even improve your work flow, when you’re away from the office.
Here’s how to get started:
- Download the free Mobile Transcript app
- Sign up for a free MobileTranscript lawyer account
- You will be sent an account verification email; click on the link within the email to activate your account
- Ask your court reporter for a Mobile Transcript
- You are notified via email of new transcripts reporters have uploaded to your account
- Log into the app with your username (email address) and password to start reviewing transcripts
- Log into your online account with the same login as your app login, to view your billable time
- Your account now acts as a personal online transcript repository for you, where you have 24/7 access to your transcripts
We are committed to serving you and to provide you with the latest cutting-edge technology available. We would be happy to register you for a free account. Please let us know if you would be interested in utilizing this service!